THE LIVERPOOL ADVANTAGE
FOR EVERY PLAYER
The LIVERPOOL ADVANTAGE
Professional Coaching- Liverpool selects coaches who have an incredible passion for the game of soccer and want to become an intricate part in the success of the players who wear the Reds of Liverpool. Their insight, experience, and talents are the cornerstone of our club’s success. Encouraged to contribute, create and share each coach finds the freedom and the support to thrive. At the very same moment they realize their potential, they also realize the tremendous responsibility they have for impacting the lives of their players. The responsibilities and the work ethic of our coaches are held to the highest standards anywhere in the country.
1. Relationship between Liverpool FC America and Liverpool FC England. Liverpool FC America was recently invited to become part of the Liverpool International Football Academy. The International Football Academy is associated with the Liverpool FC Academy in Liverpool, England. Serving as an outreach program throughout the world, the International Football Academy brands strategic programs embracing the structure, methods and that philosophy that has graced the legends of soccer for more than 100 years.
This past summer, LFC England and the International Football Academy held the Liverpool International Football Academy School here in Dallas Texas for more than 200 players. This prestigious honor was made even more memorable when former International players, Adam Flynn and Alan Moogan directed the camp, but also trained more than a dozen Liverpool FC America teams during their stay in Texas. Adam and Alan currently train and develop the Liverpool International Football Academy curriculum and travel throughout the world training, coaching and embracing all levels of players while they help to spread the message of Liverpool FC England.
Former Captain Ronnie Whelan and famed midfielder Ian Callaghan are two of the world-known former Liverpool players who have helped our staff or our players in the past understand and appreciate the lore that is Liverpool. Our planned evolution of the relationship includes trips to train at the famed Liverpool Academy in England and continued input from Liverpool FC into our development and expansion of our youth programs and coaching development. In addition to the communication, coaching development and the exchange of coaches and players, Liverpool FC America will once again host the Liverpool International Football Academy School here in Dallas next summer. We are looking forward to players attending from all over the state of Texas and beyond.
2. Competitive Player Programs- Liverpool has developed and embraced several important programs for our competitive players. The results from these programs have been immediately recognized by our players during competition. Other clubs are now trying to emulate this success.
· The Power Offense/ Power Defense Program- The first program of its kind in Texas. Created to develop communication and decision making on the field between all the defensive players on the field, Power Defense has become a favorite among the players. The session involves communication, coordination and strategies used between the defenders and the keeper.
· Director’s Sessions- Designed by our Academy Director and senior staff, our Director’s Sessions bring the experience and excellence of our most senior coaches to every team. Throughout the year, our senior staff work with different teams helping coaches and players to realize their potential and watching the growth of their game.
· Keeper Training- The club has implemented a personalized training program for each Liverpool keeper. Based on impeccable technique, communication, tactics and skill, this program gives our teams a decisive edge in competition.
· i-Soccer- Embraced by our U-10 teams last year, and offered to all club athletes this year, i-Soccer offers an organized computer-based skill program for athletes to chart their progress through a professionally developed age appropriate curriculum.
· Juggling Program- The Liverpool Juggling Program encourages players to juggle towards goals for prizes and an increased technical ability to control the ball.
3. Coaching Network- Our coach’s work together to support every athlete in the club. While the concept is simple, the implementation is ground-breaking in competitive soccer. Liverpool believes when coaches share ideas, theories, solutions and the development of programs, our players benefit. While each team has one coach, that coach has the strength of every other coach in the club supporting them. Our coaches are strong as individuals and unsurpassed as a group.
4. Fields- Liverpool works hard to provide excellent training fields for our teams and players. At this time we have several great working relationships with establishments and cities in the area. We currently utilize the outdoor fields at all of the Blue Sky Sports Centers, The Colony, Keller and Allen, Texas. We are very proud to call Blue Sky Sports Center our home field complexes are they are standouts in quality natural turf training areas.
We currently have seven training facilities continuing our working relationships with both churches and cities throughout the metroplex in several locations. These include the Korean Baptist Church in Flower Mound (KBC), Crown of Life Lutheran Church in Colleyville (Colleyville Training Facility) and the Plano YMCA at Tennyson. Liverpool FC America continues to work towards its own 6 field lighted facility centrally located in the metroplex.
5. Communication System- Liverpool has placed an extraordinary emphasis on communication within the club. The website, club updates, newsletters and more work together to create a woven system of information and ‘community’ status between the players, families, coaches, staff and club. This communication network is critical to the strength of our club. It has been the key to our success helping our families and communities understand the club’s goals, principles and direction. From the very beginning with our the three pillars of excellence to the future of the club ten years from now, we want our families to be part of our past, our present and our future, and all of this is done with effective communication.
6. Business Systems- The business side of the club is composed of a financial department, marketing, communication, resource development, training field development, and more. We have 8 full time people who dedicate themselves to the business of Liverpool FC America. A few of the areas the business side of the club is responsible for include: Marketing, Sponsorships, Club Fundraising, Team Fundraising, Club Events, Liverpool Spiritwear items, website, Player Programs, The Reds Academy, Club Communication, Parent Education, Communication, and our coaching education.
7. Administration- The members of our administrative staff are dedicated to the success of Liverpool Soccer Club. Their responsibilities to the teams, coaches and club include; player documentation, registration, program coordination, representation within the different competitive leagues.
8. Coaching Education- Liverpool believes one of the fundamental reasons our players and teams are successful, is because our coaches continue to learn and grow through coaching education. Liverpool FC America is the only club in the metroplex who puts the level of emphasis on their coaches with their licensing efforts with a club wide emphasis on coaching education. Coaches within Liverpool, guest coaches and respected coaching education specialists are all invited to assist our coaches with their continuing education.
9. College Program-
College Night The culminating educational seminar for high school juniors and seniors and their parents. This evening focuses on the athlete who would like to play collegiate soccer. Our coaches examine the process from start to finish for these athletes and their parents. Our coaching staff has many years of experience training and placing athletes in collegiate programs all over the United States. This is a priceless tool for an exciting time in every athlete’s career.
College Workshops- The College program works with every team to organize an athlete’s efforts to attend the college of their choice and play soccer by conducting workshops in a series of informational seminars. These workshops are a critical part of our college program providing hands-on opportunities for athletes and families to participate in their goals to achieve college scholarships.
The Sports Source- The Sports Source is a national recruiting and information system allowing high school age players direct access to thousands of college and university programs including admission requirements, athletic programs, scholarship applications and qualifications.
Player Profiles- This is a critical element of the college program, decisively important to college coaches wanting to recruit specific players. This web-based document allows coaches from across the nation to contact specific players with up-to-date information constantly available.
Soccer Recruit- This is a computer-based tool that allows athletes and coaches to share video images, pictures, and written information about a specific athlete with colleges or universities who may want to recruit an athlete.
10. The Liverpool Reds Academy- Our premier youth Academy develops players between the ages of 6 and 10. The Reds Academy is completing its fourth year as a successful youth program with some of the most innovative programs in the market. New programs created this year such as Friday Night Skills and our Director’s Sessions along with our academy goalkeeping program are guided by a curriculum geared specifically to each age group. Liverpool FC America and The Liverpool Reds Academy have set the stage for a ‘New Generation’ Academy.
Liverpool FC America’s Reds Academy participates in 6 different leagues across the metroplex with a dedication focus of the majority of our teams in the most competitive league in North Texas- SDL. Our academy is composed of many different elements:
The Reds Academy Program
Team Skills Sessions- Sessions led by the head coach of a team focused on technical small foot-skills.
Team Training Sessions- Led by the head coach or guest coach of the team- involving the entire team
Director’s Sessions- Led by our Academy Director, Coaching Director or other Senior Director.
Friday Night Open Skills- An added-value session to improve player’s technical abilities and soccer knowledge
RASE- Reds Academy School of Excellence- An invitation to train at the highest level in the academy
Pool Training- Age Group Training
Academy Player Evaluations- Written or computer based player evaluations done once each season
Coaching Education- Continuous education for coaches including upgraded licensing
Goalkeeping Sessions- Working specifically with academy age player to develop excellent technique as they begin learning keeper roles and responsibilities.
Most academies within competitive soccer clubs fit their players into their already existing program squares. Liverpool wants to develop our programs around the needs of our players. The development and growth of our players are carefully evaluated and then addressed at each level of the program. New programs this year include the RASE, Coerver and pool training. These programs will further define who we are the success of our academy.
11. Parent Education
Roadmap to Select Soccer- Parent education begins with a discussion. Liverpool has developed a program that helps parents understand the academy as well as the changes that occur from Recreational to Academy and then from Academy to Competitive. Select 101 and The Roadmap to Select Soccer are interactive evenings of questions and answers to prepare players and parents for the journey. The evening involves large group discussions with a power point presentation, and then goes to a small group discussion with team members and coaches. Informative, reassuring and exciting this meeting brings a common bond to parents in both the academy and select programs.
Select 101- Select 101 is a parent program designed to introduce a very important U-10 year to our 9 year olds and their families. The year just prior to a player going “select” is filled with excitement and expectations. This parent program is designed to manage those expectations and prepare the families for the final year of the academy program.
Academy 101- Academy 101 is our introductory program helping parents and families to understand what academy is and what they can expect from the program with regards to;
Along with each of the previous programs and benefits, the following are the proposed Programs for the 2011 Soccer Year
1. Wellness Program- Nutritionist, Mental Coach, Speed and Agility- Gaining the Upper Step, Education Counselors for Time Management, Liverpool coaches and more will conduct this wellness seminar for competitive players. This presentation will focus on:
a. The nutritional needs and requirements for athletes to perform to their potential, including the crucial element of weather related issues that go along with year-round training.
b. how to prepare mentally for competition,
c. creating the time you need for the different areas of your life,
d. and setting true goals for yourself and your team
This is a part of a broad reaching educational program that supports the athlete both on and off the field. .
2. Sports Psychology Seminar for Coaches (Coming in 2011)- A professional sports psychologist will hold coaching seminars to continue to develop our understanding of how to prepare an athlete for competition and how to build on the outcome of any situation to the betterment of the athlete. This advantage will be incorporated into the Athlete’s Wellness Program.
|President and CEO- Peter Brodyemail@example.com||469-384-3400|
|Dir. Of Communication- Nancy Lanefirstname.lastname@example.org||214-676-2515|
|Dir of Coaching- Chris Pulpaneckemail@example.com||214-952-2741|
|Technical Director- Jimmy Melia||214-675-9347|
|Senior Keeper Coach- Keri Bakerfirstname.lastname@example.org||940-453-3560|
|Academy Director- Lee Weddallemail@example.com||469-688-1446|
|Director- Wilco Ravestijn||Wilco@liverpoolfcamerica.com||214-682-2037|